Milk Kefir: Homemade Vs Store Bought
by admin | April 2, 2018 10:02 am
With the popularity of milk kefir and other probiotic drinks increasing incredibly on a daily basis, we are here to assist you – Here to discuss whether people should buy their probiotic drinks from the shops, or whether they should make theirs themselves at home. If you are a health lover and want to ensure that you are consuming the most beneficial kefir, this article is for you. Keep on reading at your peril.
Store Bought Vs Homemade
- Like with many other foods and drinks when packaged or processed a lot of goodness can be taken away. When creating things for shops and stores for sell, companies think about shelf life and often have to add things to extend this – sometimes these things are not the best for us. The kefir that can bought in stores is limited by the bottling process – when bottling companies have to supress or halt yeast fermentation and culturing in order to prevent continued carbonation, otherwise bottles could explode. This often leads to shop bought kefir being mild and supressed.
- If you are a kefir drinker you have probably realised by now that the majority of kefir that you buy in stores is not carbonated. Whilst this is fine if you like your kefir flat, if you choose to make your own at home you will have the options to make your kefir as fizzy or not-fizzy as you like.
- Although all kefir is great for us, sometimes kefir that can be bought in stores can contain surprises, ingredients that we do not expect to find. When you make your own kefir at home however you can see exactly what goes into it, which of course is a bonus. You can make it to suit your taste.
- If you drink a lot of milk kefir you could save enormous amounts by making your own at home. Shop bought kefir can work out expensive if you want to drink it on a regular basis, however making it at home can be rally cheap, especially after you have bought the basic equipment.
These are only some of the reasons why you should consider making your own milk kefir at home too. If you have been thinking about making your own milk kefir we would definitely recommended that you go ahead, we are certain that you won’t be disappointed.
Not only this but making kefir from your own home has never been easier, with companies available online for people to purchase kefir making kits affordably.
- probiotic drinks: https://happykombucha.co.uk/pages/probiotic-drinks
Source URL: https://allaboutoaklawn.com/milk-kefir-homemade-vs-store-bought/
Copyright ©2019 All About Oaklawn unless otherwise noted.